What is Score?¶
Score facilitates the transfer and storage of your data seamlessly for cloud-based projects. File bundling, resumable downloads, and BAM/CRAM slicing make data transfer fast and smooth.
The method with which Score facilitates the transfer of data is through the use of pre-signed URLs. As such, Score can be thought of as a broker between an object storage system and user authorization system, validating user access and generating signed URLs for object access.
- Multipart Uploads and Downloads (high performance transfers)
- Support for AWS S3, Azure Storage, Google Cloud Storage
- Slicing of BAM and CRAM files by genomic region
- Client includes some samtools functionality such as viewing reads from a BAM
- MD5 validation of uploads and downloads
- ACL security using OAuth2 and scopes based on study codes
- Integrates with the SONG metadata system for data book keeping and consistency
- REST API with swagger docs
Projects Using Score¶
- Cancer Collaboratory - Toronto: https://storage.cancercollaboratory.org/swagger-ui.html
- AWS - Virginia: https://virginia.cloud.icgc.org/swagger-ui.html
The Score Client is available to download as both a docker container or as a Java CLI application.
The docker container can be pulled from here:
docker pull overture/score
For the Java CLI, use the following steps:
wget -O score-client.tar.gz https://artifacts.oicr.on.ca/artifactory/dcc-release/bio/overture/score-client/[RELEASE]/score-client-[RELEASE]-dist.tar.gz tar xvzf score-client.tar.gz echo export PATH=$(pwd)/score-client-x.x.x/bin:$PATH >> ~/.bashrc source ~/.bashrc # you will then be able to use it by running the following command anywhere is the system score-client
To be Added…
Copyright (c) 2018. Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.